Well hey imagine this, no posts in a month and then TWO in one day! Whats wrong with me.
Oh and by the way, the blog following this one, the one I wrote last week, is quite long. I would strongly suggest printing it out, popping yourself a big bowl of popcorn, grabbing a HUGE warm blanket and snuggling up either by yourself or you family or friends, and reading it outloud. That is what I would do anyway, because I love popcorn and curling up on the couch with a big warm blanket. Make yourself a wonderful cup of tea too if you like, I would do that. The blog post itself really isn't that wonderful or exciting, and my writing definitly is not the best you'll find in a blog, but at least if you make everything else cozy then reading a mere blog post from a teenage girl on the other side of the world, that's poorly writen and far from exotic, won't seem as long, and you may enjoy the moment more.
Well, here I am again, at school, and here I am again faced with the same question I'm faced with nearly every day. Why am I at school??? There was snow on the ground this morning and it was freezing freezing cold and wet as I walked to and from the bus. Today I have 4 hours to myself on the computer (or to study Italian or write postcards or whatever I want as long as I stay in school, it's pretty awesome actually) and 2 hours of Italian, which I don't quite yet completely understand. So today I'm really not acomplishing much, except of course putting some blogs posts up, which is actually HUGE, but has nothing to do with school. I'm pretty sure all my learning is outside of school anyway. But oh well, it's just something I have to go to for... what is it? 5 hours a day? Wow, it seems so much longer.
Oh well I need to stop complaining about school. I'll complain about the weather! Well there's not much else to say besides it's absolutely freezing and dreery and wet. I hate being anywhere other than deep in my bed and blankets on a morning as cold as this. Saturday early early morning the wind was so loud in woke me up! I thought my window was going to be flung open! And as I dug deeper into my covers and listened to the wind howling all I could think of was how much I did not want to go out into that cold, dark and hostile world. But I had to get up anyway.
Well lets see, this weekend was quite enjoyable I think. Haha I didn't go out on the town or anything, I really had a very quiet laid-back weekend. Which is like, tell that to an Italian teenager and they'll look at you in awe and wonder. Basically kids get ONE night a week here to go out, and if you don't go out and do something fun you have to wait a whole week to have the opportunity again. But I really didn't feel like going anywhere. Saturday afternoon I went with my host mom and sister to this arts and crafts class, which I REALLY enjoyed. Then we came home and ate dinner, and after dinner Elena and I turned on a movie and Stehpano, Elena and I all sat on the couch together and ate popcorn and watched Click in Italian. Then Daddy called on SKYPE, and I got to talk to him for about a half hour, then EVERYONE came home and I got to talk AND SEE everyone!!! Then I went to bed, at a very reasonable hour, and slept in Sunday morning until 11. Che bella cosa.
Sunday I woke up, and then, ha ha, cut my hair. Only a little, and only the bangs, I just trimed them up a bit. I'm going to get my hair actually cut cut (and colored!!! Something exciting, I'm not sure what yet) but until then it really just needed to be trimmed. So I rolled out of bed and went straight to the bathroom miror. I did a good job too :P Then I ate breakfast and had tea (this fantastic tea I bought at this like, fair trade and organic market in Duomo, really fantastic stuff and there's also MILLET there which I think I may buy. I'm definitly going back to buy more tea) with my host mom and we just chatted for a bit and I enjoyed emensely not being out in the cold and instead sitting at the kitchen table chatting with a cup of tea with honey and milk in my hands. How lovely.
Then, I was planning on meeting these two American girls, Amanda and Michele, who I met last week at the bible study. We were going to have lunch, but because I wasn't able to get myself out of the house in time (I won't go into the details) and because the bus doesn't go into Poasco on Sundays, I ended up being really late and just met them right before church at Cadorna. These two girls are really cool and have been here for 3 weeks, and are both here as opears (did I spell that right??) for Italian families. So we all met up and headed down to CHURCH together!! I am so incredibly thankful to have found this church. Everyone there is so nice, the pastor and his wife are wonderful, the couple who lead the young adults stuff are awesome, and I just really really love going to church again. I didn't really know how much I'd missed it until I went that first day. Sunday evenings are great, and I've been also once to the young adult bible study and loved it. Last night after the service (it was a baptism service) everyone went to eat CHINESE together! I sat at the end of the table with Michele this adorable older couple who were so so sweet, and when we finished eating and went to pay, the man payed for Michele and I! How sweet was that? Then the couple drove me home, even though it was totally out of their way, how sweet!!!
So that was my weekend, oh and Friday night I did get invited out to a birthday party at a disco pub, but it BEGAN like, we were all meeting up at 11pm, and the party was sure to go until about 3. I just think, are you all insane??? I'm sure it would've been tons of fun, but I think I'll need time (like, maybe until Jan) until I can get up the energy to go out every Saturday night from 11-4 in the morning.
So now, today, I have school... fun fun, then this afternoon I'm meeting KAILEE for lunch at her house, YAY! Then I'm not sure what we'll do, but I want to go buy some more TEA, and also a sweater or two or twenty. It's that cold here. Tonight I have dinner with my Rotary host club, Milano Scala, at the old palace, and I'm sure the food will be amazing and hopefully tonight I'll understand a bit more of whats going on than I did last time, in Sept.
Tomorrow I'm not sure what I'm doing after school, I may have lunch with my second host family, or dinner, and I may hang out with Kailee Mercedes and Molly again if they come up for the day from Lecco. Wednesday I REALLY don't want to go to school because I go in an hour late and THEN my class has some 2 or 3 hour thing on aids, and I really really do not need to hear about that, in Italian of all things. No way. So basically that's half my day right there, and there's really no point I can see in going to school. The city is big and bekons me to explore. Hahahah. Thursday night I have THANKSGIVING dinner with this super sweet awesome family I met from the church, I'm so excited!!! Friday, I have lessons... then it't Saturday, and the church is having a Thanksgiving lunch, which I definitely want to go to! And then Kailee and I kind of wanted to go to Lecco again or Como this weekend, I'm not sure if it'll work out but it'd be tons of fun (if of course the weather is a bit better).
Well my friends and very much loved ones, I must go now, because the bell is about to ring and I must go anounce on facebook that OH my goodness Halcy actually posted on her blog!!! Then I go to Italian, give me strength and patience, and then I have two hours to myself again... I'll probably study Italian, because I don't have lessons today (our teacher is in the mountains) and then write postcards to people. I'll write you one if you give me your address!!!
I LOVE YOU AL SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MISS YOU AND LOVE LOVE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL MY LOVE TO EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ciao ciao for now ;)
Halcyon
November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment